But hey, at least it's not a study term. I've had 3 study terms in a row!!! So tired of this bs school work. I finally have some time on my own and I do some things I've wanted to do for a while. Let see by the end of the term, if I accomplished any of them. Just for my reference, probably boring for the rest of you.
Here are some things I have in mind:
- Take 1 course - might as well since I'm in Waterloo probably biochemistry to get the hard stuff over with
- Ballroom anyone? - I really want to learn ballroom dancing. Maybe I'll join in next term but I need a partner!
- Be more active in school - I haven't joined any clubs since first year and I'm third year now! gotta fatten that resume! I need to get back on DECA etc.
- Increase program languages - Yeah I know I'm such a geek but I wanna expand on html, javascript, xml, css, and learn new useful languages. Can anyone suggest any useful popular languages I'll probably need for work. I hope to one day start my own web page one day.
- Driving school - I still don't know how to drive, well I do live in DT Toronto... so really don't need to. but I need to get my g2 and g before my g1 expires!!
- Photography - I've always had an interest in photography but it's such an expensive interest so I never really looked into it that much. We'll see...
- Hit the GYM! or do some yoga? - I really should exercise more frequently, I'm so unfit. I have a hard time running from dc to the bus stop in front of dc. I end up huffing and puffing like a mad woman.
- Catch up with my Asian-ness and watch more dramas - I haven't watched any Asian dramas for a year or 2 because I know once I start I can't stop, and it's no good in the school year. Any recommendations?
- SC SC! - I don't like to play Starcraft but I have to practice. Apparently the guys made bets on who would win an SC tournament between me and Annabelle. The stakes are high, and a lot of money has been laid down. I haven't played SC for so long and Annabelle's been training so much! God damn gotta show the girl who's boss! Plus Ja is going to give me $50 commission if I beat her.
- Read - I honestly don't remember the last time I read leisurely. I mean being in school I feel even guilty to even think about reading a novel, when I should be catching up with chapters of reading in my text book. So does anyone have any good books to recommend?
More to come... these are just a few in my head for now. gosh I still have to eat. I haven't eaten the whole day because of exams!!! gahh
I liked reading this entry! (or could it be because it's more interesting than the final I'm cramming for...)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, you should try learning Java on your own. C++ might come in handy as well. Also, you should try to familiarize yourself with different O/S's (i.e. Unix, Linux, Mac OS, etc.) because if you ever need to work on these platforms in the future (for jobs), it'll save you the trouble of getting used to it.
I was going to leave more crap for you to read but I really must get back to studying!
Learn python! I think it'll be a better starter than java
ReplyDeletea lot of science labs use unix, so that may be good to learn. its not that hard and it should make learning Linux easier
cost shouldn't really be a factor of photography, imo
lol at starcraft!
studying requires lots of food! always eat! I buy donuts and coke to eat during my exams. biochem/physio is really useful because you learn how your body works. as a result you can prepare your studying environment better and work out more efficiently!
shit!! my last exam is in about 6 hours and I don't feel like studying!! ahhhhhhhh.
ReplyDeletei want to do yoga. my uncle does it and he always tells me it's good to relax the mind.
hahah.. I know janice! Even I am caught up with MY asian-ness than You LOL! <3. I'm gonna miss you next term.. *tears*
ReplyDelete